Sunday, November 6, 2011

Growing, Going, Gone

As C grows, each "first" is somehow more exciting than the last. From her first smile to her first giggle and from rolling over to sitting up, each is a cause for celebration, for photos and videos emailed to family and posted to facebook. It's amazing to think about all of the simple tasks we complete each day and imagine our parents willfully watching us, coaching us, and celebrating with us as we accomplished these milestones years ago.

Well, we have had a mobile child for a while now, watching her scoot and roll herself to her desired destination. But, now, we embark on new territory. Ladies and gentlemen, we officially have a crawler. 


Last Tuesday, after a night of scooting around in a pink poodle costume, C looked at a toy with sheer determination, pushed up onto all fours, and made her way across the floor. I cheered, I clapped, and then I took her toy away and put it on the opposite end of the rug so I could video her latest trick. 






Her newest skill paired with a slight case of separation anxiety toward mommy, and my heart melts. For the record, there is nothing cuter than a crawling baby... except when she's crawling toward you. I hope this stage lasts longer than I think it will. (She's already trying to pull up...)






No comments:

Post a Comment