Monday, January 28, 2013

Snow Day

I am definitely a southern girl. I like it hot. Give me 102 degrees over snow any day. But, even I have to admit that the kind of snow we get it is a nice compromise. We get all of the fun and beauty with none of the hassle. It's pretty, enough sticks to play in it, and it's usually gone by the next day.

It snowed a little over a week ago. This was the first snow that C was old enough to enjoy. We got a little on Christmas day last year, but missed it because we were travelling. It was worth the wait because she loved it! We talked and talked and talked about it while we watched it fall. I opened the door to let her see it and touch the pile that had formed on our doorstep. Then, I tried to close the door. She was not having it. She pushed it back open and tried to go outside. So, I dressed her in layers while she cried (because we weren't already out there) and then we went outside, camera in hand, to make some memories!

She loved the snow so much. She touched it with her hands, she opened her mouth to catch it, and she ate TONS of it.




Of course, we built a snowman.


But she really wanted to eat his nose.

Twelve hours and a hint of sun later, and a puddle dressed in a crumpled pile of hat, scarf, and sunglasses stood where our snowman once was. It was the perfect snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment