Saturday, December 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

This week, Husband crossed over the precipice and left his twenties behind him. He made me promise not to throw him a party for the big 3-0, so we celebrated with family this week instead.

Last Sunday, his parents joined us for lunch and presents. Catherine helped me make Husband's favorite meal - pot roast, mac and cheese, and fried okra; and his mom brought her famous chocolate chess pie. 

It was such a nice, relaxing way to celebrate our favorite person. And C loved getting to spend time with her Mim and Pop!



Since his actual birthday fell on a work day, we settled for a quick celebratory lunch in the food court (and a carousel ride of course). 
Last night, we were able to celebrate with my family. My brother-in-law's birthday is this week, so we had a combo dinner complete with way too many cupcakes.



I somehow managed to get zero photos of Husband or my brother-in-law; but I managed to get plenty of C dressing up in my and my sister's old dance costumes! We had so much fun relaxing and celebrating with family this whole week.



Husband's favorite response to people making a big deal about his birthday is this quote:
There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 11. -Dave Barry
Nevertheless, I can't not celebrate the life that has changed mine so much. This man is truly my best friend. He makes me laugh. He has been beside me during some of my favorite memories. He is my late night movie marathon partner, my early morning dance partner, my toughest critic, and my biggest fan. It's tough not to love him or all that he is. He is selfless, gentle, and loving. He is thoughtful and loyal. He works tirelessly to provide a beautiful life for our family; and, above all, he is the best father to the best gift we have ever received. 

I can't imagine my life without this man, nor do I want to. I am thankful for his birth today and every single day. 

Happy birthday, my love (and don't worry, you don't look a day over 29)!

No comments:

Post a Comment