Monday, November 5, 2012

Day Light Savings Slump

I have seen so many updates on Facebook about how refreshed everyone is feeling after the extra hour of sleep Saturday night and I giggle to myself from behind a 3:00 cup of coffee as a don sweatpants and a t-shirt and have a Disney movie marathon with C; because, after two days of waking up before 5:00, I do not have the energy to do anything else today.

Kids don't grasp the gift of extra sleep, nor do they adjust their schedules to the new time. Nope. Instead, even after following the same routine, C has gotten up before 5:00 ready to start the day. She has then been nestled in between us in our bed with a sippy cup full of milk and enjoyed an overload of Sesame Street on Netflix while Mommy and Daddy try to steal a little more sleep before the sun rises.

Today, she fell asleep for her afternoon nap at 10:00 in the morning. I have great expectations for her mood this evening... 

At least I'm using the day wisely by introducing her to all of my favorite Disney princesses.

Enjoying The Fox and the Hound from her ball pit
Here's hoping to wake up AFTER the sun tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment