Monday, November 5, 2012

Celebrate.

I am lucky enough to come from a family who values togetherness. We spend more time together than most and I honestly start to miss them if it's been more than two weeks since a face to face. We spend every warm weekend possible at our lake house and plan weekends together throughout the year. I never get tired of sharing time, meals, and my family of three with the people who have helped make me who I am.

Yesterday, we gathered at my grandparents' house in Anniston to celebrate two special birthdays. Big Daddy, my grandfather and C's great grandfather, celebrated 82 years on the 3rd; and Dad, or Poppa to C, celebrates 51 years on the 10th. If we ever have a son, I am thankful to have the examples of these gentlemen in my wheelhouse. They give everything to their family and then some, and we couldn't be more grateful or love them both more.

Happy Birthday to Big Daddy and Dad! I hope you know just how much we love and appreciate you every day.







1 comment:

  1. I just love this. LOVE each and every single moment with these 2 wonderful men!!!!!

    ReplyDelete