Sunday, October 7, 2012

Feeding Time

I cook a lot. I cook a lot of different things. I enjoy cooking. That being said, I've made a lot of grilled cheese and PB&J lately.

Before becoming a mom, I was so quick to judge. Can you believe she's feeding her child fries? Wow. Now, I feel like I owe an apology to every mom I ever judged. Feeding a toddler is nothing short of a challenge.

Tonight, for example, I slow roasted some winter veggies (squash, carrots, and parsnips- some of the sweetest veggies out there). What did C eat off her plate? The rice that took 90 seconds in the microwave. And grapes.

So, I offer different things every day and every day she spits them out. She won't eat meat unless it is ground and disguised in spaghetti sauce. She hates eggs. She ate five black beans yesterday and I rejoiced. I'm sure this phase will pass, but for now, the only things she will consistently eat are:

Cheese
Blueberries
Grapes
Cheerios
Goldfish
Cottage cheese pancakes
Bananas
Applesauce
Yogurt
Yogurt melts
Popsicles
Triscuits
Pesto
Hummus
French fries

Now that I've listed it, it seems like a lot more than I thought, but notice the lack of vegetables and protein from the list. I've resorted to making sneaky Popsicles from leftover spinach and banana smoothie. This, too, shall pass.


"Here, Mom. I'm done with this."

1 comment:

  1. I have one of those! He's starting to kind of grow out of it, but it's taken a LOT of work. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete