Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Teething is a Bitch

C is cutting not one, not two, but THREE teeth right now, one of which seems to be some type of molar. This baffles me. I was not expecting molars yet.

Obviously, this is uncomfortable for her and, since it is very hard to explain to a 14 month old what is happening and that it will eventually go away, she wakes up every three hours screaming in pain. 

So, I give her Advil or Tylenol (in rotation) and rock her back to sleep. This process sometimes takes 10 minutes, sometimes 2 hours. Sometimes, I give up and take her back to bed with me and we watch Sesame Street on my iPad. And she is overwhelmed with excitement to be up and playing. And so my day starts at 5:00.

I feel like the mother of a newborn again.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment