Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wilson Eve

Dear Wilson,

I can't even wrap my head around the fact that I get to meet you in a few hours. You've been the topic of conversation for quite some time now. We've been planning for and talking about you for so long, I thought we'd never get here; and yet, here we are on the eve of your birth. 

Your Daddy is sleeping beside me. Your sister is sleeping soundly in her bed, holding her baby doll which she has lovingly named Wilson. Your CiCi is here too, getting a little sleep before bringing your sister to meet you for the very first time. Everyone is preparing for your arrival by resting, but I just can't. 

You see, besides the fact that you are quite busy right now, I just can't calm myself enough to sleep. I am so excited and anxious and ready and so many other things, but mostly, I am so very much in love with you that I am restless with anticipation. I am dying to hold you in my arms. I am longing to hear your very first cry, the gasping of air that assures me you are okay.

I can't help but worry, a trait I'm convinced is bestowed upon mothers at the moment of their first positive pregnancy test, but I already know you and I need you to know that I already love you with every fiber of my being. 

I will hold you in my arms soon, my love. And I'm never letting go.

1 comment: