Monday, October 28, 2013

Toddler Talk

C has me laughing most of the time, even when I'm trying really really hard to have my stern Mommy face because what she said was inappropriate, no matter how hilarious it sounded in her little voice. So, here are a few of my favorites from my funny little two and half year old.

She knows too much...
The other day, we were running late for school and I sped up to make it through a yellow light. C promptly said, "Mommy, why are you going faster? Yellow means slow down!"

Big Sister
C talks to my belly a lot. She has chats with her baby brother (when she remembers he's in there and not just a bump impeding on her lap space). Overheard the other day:
"Baby, come out and play with Catherine."
"You hear me?"
<looks up at me>
"Mommy, I want to touch baby."
<hands on my belly> 
"Hi, baby. I love you, baby." 
<lays head on my belly>

Formal Greeting
We've been working on introductions and phone etiquette lately.
Overheard at the park:
<Arm outstretched, in handshake form, to a little boy>
"Hi, may name's Catherine. You want to play with Catherine?"

She also uses this method with family, friends, and toys.


Playtime
Playing with toys:
"I sorry, friends. It be okay. I take you home."

"I kiss you. It's all better."

<While pretending her toys are on a rocket (blanket)>
"One, two, three, blast off! To the moon!"

When frustrated
"It's too small. It's too big. I can't do it!"

And just some of my favorite Catherine-isms
"I so excited!"

"It's gonna be so fun!"
"It's gonna be so yummy!"

"Mommy, I love this book."

"I made it. You like it?"

"Great job! Thank you for helping!"

"What's wrong? Are you sad? Just be happy!"

"I do it myself."

"Don't throw ball. We don't throw balls. That's not nice."



No comments:

Post a Comment