Monday, April 22, 2013

Toddler Talk

C is a chatterbox, but there are some choice phrases of hers right now I just don't want to forget.

She calls her blankie her "gwankie"

Banks is often "Biiiiiiiiinks"

If she wants you to do something or play with her, she grabs your hand, leads you and says, "Come. I help you." If she wants to "help you," chances are pretty high you will be crawling into a tent, a cardboard box, or into a ball pit.

When she gets excited, she says our names in triplicate. ("Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!")

If you are sleeping or laying down, she will say, "Are you okay? Are you alright? Are you sad?" Obviously, sleeping is frowned upon.

She says she "loves" a lot of things (I love baseball; I love cheese), but just told me "Oh, Mommy, I love you" for the first time last night. Finally! (Sometimes, it comes out "wove")

"Thank you" is "Tank you"; "Please" is "peease"

If she doesn't want to do something (finish dinner, take a bath, have her diaper changed), she throws her hands up in the air and says, "all done" or "all clean." They are interchangeable.

For some reason, every meal is "breakfast". She says, "Yay! It's breakfast time!" and climbs into her booster seat for every meal. Whenever she feeds her babies or animals, it is always "breakfast time".

She has gotten really good at stalling at bed time. The other night, I was rocking her to sleep at my parents' house and she cried out for my mom ("CiCiiiiiiiiiiiiii") like she would save her. Then, she cried, "I need to plaaaaay." If Husband is home, she yells for him over and over again as I take her upstairs for a bath. Where did she learn this?

She loves to name body parts while pointing to them on herself and everyone else. Her favorites are eyes, lips, cheeks, nose, chin, hair, ears, hands, feet, and brows. When she points to them, she says "this is..."

If she wants something, she tells you what it is while pointing ("This is pickle," while pointing to the fridge).

I started giving her a Hershey's kiss after bad tasting medicine. She now knows how to unwrap one all by herself. She loves chocolate and calls it "cwocolate."

She is really into hair and eye color right now. She knows that she and I have brown hair and blue eyes and that Husband's hair is "black" (even tough it's dark brown), but she can't figure out his eyes. They're hazel. It's confusing.

I'm sure there are many more, but these are some of my favorite Catherine-isms right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment