Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Girl Can Grill

I realize I sound like a 1950's housewife when I say this, but I have never used the gas grill...ever. I cook every single day, but I never leave the kitchen.

I've always been a little intimidated by it, but more than anything, there has always been someone to do it for me. Both my dad and Husband love to grill, so why would I need to? It's always been a break for me when Husband wants to grill dinner.

Well, Sunday night, we got home from a weekend at the lake just in time for dinner and Husband had to go into the office. It was so pretty outside, I just couldn't be stuck in the kitchen. So, I let C and Banks run around the back yard and I turned on the grill. 

I actually googled how to grill a chicken breast... and then I did it!

It's a little sad how excited I was. I texted photos of my beautifully grilled chicken to my parents and to Husband. 


Even more exciting? The picky toddler ate every bit of chicken off her plate. 

I feel pretty accomplished. It's the little victories, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment