Friday, September 30, 2011

Time Will Not Delay

Benjamin Franklin said it best: "You may delay, but time will not."

I am a champion procrastinator. In college, my best papers were written the night before (or sometimes the morning of) their due date. In my world, there is always more time. But even my best procrastination skills are lost on C. She just keeps getting bigger. No matter how much I try to slow it down, time will not delay.

We now have a busy busy little SEVEN month old! This seems unreal to me. She is weighing in at a whopping 15 pounds, 8 ounces, is wearing a size 9 month in most clothes, and is squeezing into size 2 diapers. She is sitting up completely on her own, is learning to use a sippy cup, has grown her first two teeth, and is dying to crawl. Her favorite foods so far are peas, bananas, and butternut squash. She is eager to do things her way. I love watching her mind work as she tries to figure out how her breakfast bowl and spoon function or exactly how she can maneuver herself to reach the shiny remote.










Baby proofing is in our very near future. This girl is on the move!

I recently started working the nursery of a local church one day a week. I thought it would be a great way for C to work on her social skills and for me to meet some other moms. The first week was iffy. She clung to me the entire time. But this week was great! She sat and played with the other girls and was perfectly content.

We also had a play date with our friend Ben. Ben is almost 11 months old and walking, cruising, and crawling all over the place, so I thought some play time might help C figure out this whole crawling thing.

They were adorable. C just wanted to do everything Ben was doing and Ben just wanted to touch her headband or her clothes. He was fascinated by all the pink! If Ben's Mommy and I have anything to do with it, these two will be spending a lot more time together over the years...


Blurry Ben in action with C at his side






So time marches on and, although folding and boxing up each tiny outfit she outgrows makes me realize how painfully fast she's growing up, all I can think is how much fun it's all going to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment