Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I hold this life...

Andrew and I got to see our baby for the first time last week. Have you ever seen a 13 week old fetus stretch its arms and legs? It is by far the coolest thing I have ever witnessed. As I am now nearly in my 15th week, I can't imagine the changes that have already occurred since then. To actually see this human form living, moving, growing inside my body was absolutely surreal. To watch my big, strong husband floored by the sight of his child was mesmerizing. This is life. I hold this life, literally, within me. How amazing is that? 
As I look in the mirror each morning and attempt to stretch my normal clothing over my ever increasing belly, I still find it hard to believe that in only a few months, we will be holding this child in our arms. This tiny child, currently the size of a softball, will grow inside the comfort of my womb until the day we welcome him or her into this beautiful world. What an amazing gift this life is. This is love.
13 weeks, 4 days

1 comment: