Friday, August 16, 2013

Vices, Anyone?

Perhaps is it because baby girl slept until 7:40 this morning, or maybe Husband somehow willed himself to stop snoring for one night, but I woke up rested for the first time in a loooooong time and I'm giving most of the credit to my old friend, the Snoogle Pillow. It seems that, because my body already knows the drill, everything is coming earlier this pregnancy, including loose ligaments. So, I climbed up in the attic to rescue my old friend and I'm never letting go.

Ligaments aside, the second trimester is here and has started to work its magic. No more morning all day sickness, no more narcoleptic tendencies, and my skin and hair are finally starting to get that pregnancy glow. I still can't eat sugar without feeling dizzy, but let's face it, keeping me away from the pastries at Edgar's is probably not the worst thing ever.

I do miss my coffee, not because I've banned it, but because this baby has. I am a lover of all things coffee. Give me espresso in any form and I am a happy girl. I've cut out caffeine again this time around (mostly), but,  I can't even stomach the decaf. 

No sugar. No coffee. No wine. I need a new vice. I'll be taking suggestions.

Perhaps shopping?

We find out the gender of this little peanut on Thursday and I could not be more excited. I am so impressed with people who wait until the birth to find out. I don't know how they do it. I'm excited to give this baby a name and, of course, to sew a monogram on all things possible.  

C thinks it's a brother, but she also thinks my ultrasound photo is a cat, so we'll see. Her friend Sara thinks it's a baby bunny, and because of her recent visit to the Cabbage Patch Nursery, has informed me that you just count to 5 and then the baby pops out! Toddlers are funny. Here's to hoping for no cats or bunnies!

In case you're wondering what pregnancy looks like the second time around (and I know you all are), here you go. 16 weeks with each:


1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful!! I think prolific monogramming could be considered a vice... :)

    ReplyDelete