Monday, February 18, 2013

Birthday Week, Day One

Wow. We have had a rough week. It all started with a stomach bug that cancelled our Valentine's plans. Then, when I thought we were all well, I caught the bug on Saturday morning, and much worse than C's.  One cancelled babysitter and one cancelled dinner reservation later, our weekend plans changed a little. The only silver lining (besides shedding a few pesky pounds) was that it happened on the weekend so Husband was home to help with C.

Opening her Valentine's book from Mommy and Daddy
I am finally feeling back to myself today, and it's perfect timing because it is BIRTHDAY WEEK! Our sweet girl will be TWO on Saturday and I can hardly believe it. Her big present from Husband and me is a swing set. We've had it in pieces in the garage since Christmas, but finally got it together yesterday. There was no way we were keeping that a secret for a week, especially since the second she saw it through the back door, she exclaimed, "Wow! A slide!" Then, she grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the door saying, "outside."

She ran to her new swing set and immediately fell in love. Pure happiness. We let the sun set as we played together and watched her explore her new "house" as she calls it. This present will bring us years of memories!


I'm not sure I can think of a better way to spend an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment