Monday, January 2, 2012

I Resolve

The thing about new year's resolutions is that no one actually keeps them past mid February. A couple years ago when I actually worked out on a regular basis, I was lucky to find a parking space at the Y, much less a free elliptical, for the entire month of January. But no sooner were conversation hearts littering the trash can that the wait list for my favorite elliptical was thinning.


I don't make resolutions. I never really have. But, this year, I am making one that I will undoubtedly keep. I resolve to be the best mother I can possibly be.


I resolve to spend less time on my computer and more time crawling around on the floor.


I resolve to photograph and record as many moments in my daughter's life as possible, so I don't miss things like these:








I resolve to appreciate the role of motherhood even on days when I am tired and haven't washed my hair or eaten real food and my daughter is clinging to my leg like a baby koala.


I resolve to love the stage where my daughter clings to my leg like a baby koala.


I resolve to protect, teach, and love my daughter with all that I have all day, every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment